999.500 € *
Propose a price
* Taxes not included in the price
FINCA LA ROSA: LUXURY RESIDENTIAL IDEAL FOR A BED & BRECKFAST CASA RURAL
This spectacular British-owned country estate with over 6 Hectares of land planted with Olive and Orange trees is an ideal home for a large family or well-suited for conversion to a B&B or Boutique Hotel with 12- 15 rooms.
LOCATION: Barxeta, Valencia, Spain
ASSET CLASS: Residential - Ideal for conversion to a B&B or Boutique Hotel
TITLE: International Freehold Title Deed
STATUS: Currently occupied by Owner, vacant upon transfer
HEIGHT: 2 Floors (plus basement Wine-cellar and storage areas)
SITUATION: Just outside the Village of Barxeta, near the city of Xativa
PLOT AREA: 64,000 m2 …more than 6 hectares, planted with marture, harvested fruit trees
BUILT UP AREA: 1,062 m2 (the Finca itself)
BEDROOMS: 8 - All with en-suite WC services (excluding Staff accommodations) Many more bedrooms could easily be created, potentially 12 – 15 double rooms in total.
BATHROOMS: Currently 9 (including en-suites, guest & staff services)
AREAS DESCRIPTION: Downstairs: Entryway with built-in coat closet and Powder room, large Formal Dining room with painted ceiling beams and woodstove, Great room/Salon with fireplace, library nook and sliding glass doors opening onto the interior patio, Kitchen with double-oven and 5 burner Induction cook-top, a Breakfast nook, Food pantry, Butler’s pantry, Utility room (wet laundry), Staff full bath with shower, and the Finca’s Office.
Other Internal Areas: Garage with parking for 5 cars, Artist’s Studio, Storage warehouse, two separate Farming equipment warehouses, Farming equipment Garage, a basement Bodega and other multi-use rooms (totalling approximately 300 m2).
Master Suite: The Master bedroom suite encompasses two separate walk-through wardrobes to two respective en-suite bathrooms, as well as a separate Den/Hobby room. This wing is situated discreetly away from the rest of the home’s common areas ensuring maximum privacy and tranquillity.
Upstairs: A grand, squared staircase with carved wood banister and stained glass window doorways leads to the private upper quarters of the Finca, including:
• Bed Rooms: Four King bed rooms each with their built in wardrobes, en-suite facilities as well as full-height windows with balconies looking out to the pool area and surrounding green landscaping and orchards.
• “Games Room:” A large Recreation room with its own fireplace.
• Guest Suite: Spacious bedroom with sitting area, en-suite facilities, walk-in wardrobe and its own private entry way.
• Laundry Room: Large Drying and Ironing room easily transformable into a separate Home office, studio or playroom, Linen Closet
Back of House: Staff Accommodation: Generous facilities for live-in maid/ cook & grounds man in the separate Servant’s quarters which include: Salon, Kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 2 complete bathrooms. Staff’s Access ways: Delivery entrance on ground floor and Staff stairway to upstairs.
• The Internal Courtyard: Hand-made stone patio surrounding a central 18th Century Olive press which is also a water fountain. Surrounding areas include covered Paella & BBQ areas totaling over 150 m2.
• Pool Area: An Infinity swimming pool and surrounding Sun deck, are accompanied by a Bali-style Pergola as well as a separate shaded lounge area.
• Gardens: Adjacent to the pool is a more formal garden with the open–air “Summer Living room” and “Summer Dining Room” areas. Beyond the pool are vegetable and flower gardens, one fully fenced.
• Physical Geography: The charming Village and municipality of Barxeta with a population of approximately 1,500 lies in a serene valley constituted by meandering planes surrounded by wooded hills covered with white pine. The valley is the natural and ancient route that connects the historic castled city of Xátiva with the Mediterranean coast and Sea. The area enjoys excellent agricultural land with prize-worthy produce, abundant water and a diversity of the Mediterranean flora and fauna.
• The Finca: This Exclusive property consists of a spectacularly restored 18th Century Estate poised centrally on 6 hectares of surrounding landscaped grounds with Orange and Olive orchards in full production. The registered and protected building’s refurbishing’s began in the mid 1980’s enabling the transformation of the estate from a functioning, traditional agricultural Finca into the exceptional family home it is today, still enjoyed as a primary residence. The Finca sits on a peaceful plain with a natural park-like landscape complete with green views of the surrounding orchards and pine forested hills in all directions. The Finca has been lovingly restored with materials of a very high standard, including custom millwork and stone craftsmanship throughout as well as delicate touches such as Stained-glass doors and ceiling fans. From the exterior, it looks like an impressive traditional Spanish Villa with careful attention to retaining original design motifs, giving it a timeless style. Inside however, the Finca transforms into a splendid, proper English Manor, with soaring ceilings and grand interiors. The many bedrooms feature full-height windows and offering splendid views of the surrounding gardens, orchards and green hills from each room. The internal patio and surrounding gardens and landscaping leading to the pool area give the palatial residence a feel of living in an enchanting private oasis. The estate’s entire perimeter is securely fenced and surrounded by the orchards of both Orange and Olive, with a smattering of other fruit trees as well; an ideal environment for enjoying the outdoor activities such as hiking, mountain biking or horseback riding.
• Surrounding Areas: Another grand attraction of the area is the enjoyment of the many areas of highly historical value, especially in the ancient Town of Xativa, located less than 10km away. With its numerous attractions such as the old town walls, Roman ruins, Gothic fountains, and Churches dating from the 13th century and of course its imposing hill-top Castle which has been occupied by various cultures for approximately 2,000 years.
Unique Selling Points:
• Security System: Full home security system with radio dispatch. Entire Property is fenced, with double gated entry system.
• Heating and Cooling: The home has Heating and Air Conditioning throughout the house, though the 40cm walls maintain a temperate indoor temperature throughout the year.
• Utilities: Mains electricity, and both town and agricultural water supplies. There are two separate telephone land-lines including ADSL internet as well as satellite coverage. The Hot Water heating system runs on pink “Farm Diesel” providing large capacity at an economical rate.
• Detail: Ceiling Fans, Stained-glass doors, custom stone and wood work, painted detailing, double glazing throughout the house.
• Income Generating: There are two different Orchards surrounding the property providing beautiful landscaping as well as income. The Finca currently rents out the two Orchards which are in full agricultural production consisting of the following: Approximately 60 Olive Trees and 40,000 m2 of Orange trees. Orchards have computer controlled drip-irrigation with water supplied by via “Acciones” in a privately-held agriculture water company.
• Entertaining Capacity: An ideal venue for entertaining large numbers, Finca la Rosa has hosted and catered parties on many festive occasions including weddings and other events which have been held here. The Finca can comfortably accommodate up to 175 - 200 people at a time, with ample parking for approximately 50 cars.
• Specialty Development Opportunity: Of the total surface area of over 1,000 sq. m, the property can potentially be developed as an income producing business. There have been initial conversations with the local planning authorities that confirm potential conversion or redevelopment of the property into a Boutique Hotel and Spa, pending presentation of the specific project proposal and various approvals.
ACCESS & DISTANCES:
• Village: Less than 1Km
• Train Station: Less than 8 km - L’enova/Manuel Station: Regional Train service to Valencia
throughout the day in approximately 50 mins.
• Hospital: Less than 9 km
• City (Xativa): Less than 10 km -With daily direct trains to Madrid.
• The Sea: Less than 28 Km (12 miles) by car. Also accessible via Train.
• Valencia: Approximately 50 km (30 miles) to Spain’s 3rd largest Capital, Valencia with excellent
freeway access via the A-7 as well as the AP-7 toll road, which runs North to Barcelona and South to Marbella and to Madrid as well.
• Airports: Valencia International and Alicante International are approximately 55 km and 80
• Madrid: Approximately 325 km (210 miles) to the Spanish Capital, or 1.5 hours via the AVE
Train which runs 10 times daily from Valencia.